The first stage of well testing produced a total of 28.6 million cubic feet of gas (4,770 barrels of oil equivalent) and 680 barrels of natural gas liquids
Touchstone Exploration has confirmed significant liquids-rich gas discovery following the flowback testing of the first stage of the Cascadura-1ST1 exploratory well in the onshore Ortoire exploration block in Trinidad and Tobago.
Touchstone is the operator of the exploratory well and owns 80% working interest while Heritage Petroleum owns the remaining 20% working interest.
Results of the Cascadura-1ST1 exploratory well
Touchstone stated that the average flowback rate for the well during the final 14-hour test period was 5,180 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boed). This included 26.9 million cubic feet per day (MMcf/d) of natural gas and 694 barrels per day (bpd) of natural gas liquids.
Cascadura’s peak flowback rate came in at 5,736 boed, including 30.2 MMcf/d of natural gas and 710 bpd of natural gas liquids.
The first stage of well testing produced a total of 28.6 million cubic feet of gas ((4,770 barrels of oil equivalent) and 680 barrels of natural gas liquids.
Touchstone stated that the field analysis indicated liquids rich gas with no hydrogen sulfide and no produced water.
The well is anticipated to be shut-in for a two-week pressure build-up test, following which the company expects completing and testing an additional 450 feet of identified pay.
Touchstone president and CEO Paul Baay said: “The Cascadura production test results represent a dramatic change for Touchstone, as it confirms the monumental resource potential of the Ortoire exploration block following the earlier success of our Coho-1 well.
“Furthermore, the test results are only attributable to the lower most portion of the well, and with 450 feet of contiguous sand to be tested, the full potential of the structure is yet to be defined.
“To put these results in context, our average daily oil production for the three months ended September 30, 2019 was 1,729 bbls/d.
“The modelling from the final test results at Coho-1 supports initial gross production rates between 10 to 12 MMcf/d per day (approximately 1,667 to 2,000 boe/d) with Cascadura now set to provide a further step change.”
Last December, Touchstone Exploration made a crude oil discovery following the drilling of the Cascadura-1ST1 exploratory well in the onshore Ortoire exploration block in Trinidad and Tobago.