The National Hydropower Association (NHA) has launched a new website for its sixth annual Outstanding Stewardship of America’s Rivers (OSAR) report.
The report highlights the achievements of this year’s nine OSAR award winners, detailing how they have worked to improve water quality, enhance habitats, restore fisheries, protect endangered species, and in some cases permanently conserve land for the protection of wildlife.
The companies and projects are:
• Avista Corporation – Cabinet Gorge and Nixon Rapids projects,
• Duke Energy – Jocassee and Bad Creek projects,
• Ontario Power Generation – Madawaska river projects,
• PacifiCorp – North Umpqua river project,
• Pacific Gas & Electric – Rock Creek-Cresta and Mokelumne river project,
• PPL Montana – Madison-Missouri rivers projects,
• Seattle City Light – Skagit river project,
• Tacoma Power – Nisqually river project,
• Xcel Energy – Lower Chippewa project.
To read NHA’s report, click on the weblink below.
External weblinksOutstanding Stewardship of America’s Rivers