Canadian firm Innergex Renewable Energy has begun commercial operations at the 36.1MW Rougemont 1 and 38.9MW Vaite wind farms in France.
The wind farms, which were recently acquired by Innergex, generate an estimated amount of 93.1GWh and 84.7GWh of energy respectively. They are expected to power about 37,000 French households.
In one year of operations, the facilities are expected to generate revenues and adjusted EBITDA of about €15.1 m and €11.7m respectively.
Electricity generated from these two wind farms will be sold under power purchase agreements (PPAs) at fixed prices to Electricité de France (EDF). Out of the consideration, a portion will be adjusted according to inflation indexes for a period of 15 years.
Innergex Renewable Energy president and CEO Michel Letellier said: “Following the commissioning of these two projects, we now have 12 wind farms in operation in France, just over one year after our first acquisition.
“We are very pleased with our track record and are committed to continuing our international growth.”
Innergex also started commercial operations of the 25.3MW Boulder Creek hydroelectric facility, located in British Columbia, Canada.
The company owns 66.7% stake in the facility, and Ledcor Power holds the remaining 33.3% interest.
The facility is part of the Upper Lillooet Hydro project, which includes two two run-of-river clean energy generation facilities located in the Pemberton Valley: Upper Lillooet River (81.4 MW) and Boulder Creek (25.3 MW).
The Boulder Creek facility is expected to produce about 92.5GWh of energy per year, which is enough to power about 8500 Canadian households. Electricity generated from the project will be sold BC Hydro at a fixed price for a 40 year period.
In one year of operations, the project is expected to generate revenues and adjusted EBITDA of about $9m an $7.5m.
Image: Innergex starts operations of the two French wind farms. Photo: Courtesy of Stephen ONeill/FreeImages.com.