EDF Energy has disposed of its 1.6% stake in US utility Exelon. The year-end sale generated proceeds of $470 million for the French firm.

This corresponded to an average selling price of $34.70 per share i.e. an 18.6% premium on Exelon’s latest closing share price ($29.26 as of 10 January 2013).

EDF still owns 49.99% of US nuclear generator Constellation Energy Nuclear Group with Exelon owning the remaining 50.01%.