To be held from 18-20 October 2004 in Nanjing, China, the 4th International Conference on Dam Engineering will continue the discussion of the 3rd conference held in Singapore in March 2002.
Organised by the Hohai University in Nanjing and managed by CI-Premier Conference Organisation, the conference will cover all aspects of the dam engineering industry and include keynote papers, special sessions, technical presentations and an exhbition. An accompanying persons programme has also been organised, and delegates will be offered the chance to attend a field trip.
A call for technical papers has been issued for the conference, and interested participants are invited to submit abstracts (in one A4 page) of papers covering the following areas:
• State of the art in dam design.
• Modern analysis theory and methods of dams.
• Arch dams, gravity dams, embankment dams, concrete dams, etc.
• Planning, analysis, design and construction of dams.
• Dam reliabiility and safety assessment.
• Stability of dams.
• Dam foundation and seepage.
• Dam instumentation and monitoring expert system.
• Seismic and earthquake behviour of dams.
• Dam maintenance and management systems.
• Rehabilitation of old dams and dam heightening for hydro power augmentation.
• Health inspection of dams.
• Environmental aspects and legal issues.
• Case histories and studies.
The above themes are non-exhaustive. The Committee will consider any other theme that would meet the conference title and would be of value to the conference. Abstracts should be received by 30 August 2003, and successful authors with be notified of acceptance by 30 September 2003.
For further information, please contact: The Conference Director, Er John S Y Tan, CI-Premier PTE LTD, 150 Orchard Road #07-14, Orchard Plaza, Singapore 238841, Republic of Singapore, Tel: +65 6733 2922 Fax: +65 6235 3530, email: email@example.com.