A call for papers has been issued for the 2007 Hydro Sri Lanka conference.
The conference is taking place on the Oriental island between 22 – 24 October 2007. Abstracts, not exceeding 300 words, are invited on the following conference topics:
• Technical aspects – planning and resource assessment; efficient water conveyance systems; sediment removal systems; electro-mechanical advancements, R&M of old stations; hydro power for rural electrification; quality assurance and performance testing.
• Environmental aspects – environmental impact assessment and mitigation issues; downstream releases and related issues; advantages of hydro generation.
• Policy issues – power purchasing agreements; water sharing with different sectors; licensing procedures; training and education.
• Hydro developments and investor interests – new markets in developing countries; economic aspects and financing models; community hydro schemes; technology transfer.
• Operational aspects – grid connections and related issues; optimisation of O&M costs; short and long term strategies.
The deadline for submitting is 1 February 2007. The abstracts should include the following information: Title, name, postal and email addresses of author(s) for correspondence and communication. Notification of acceptance will be issued on 1 April 2007. Authors whose contribution has been accepted will receive detailed instructions for preparation of the paper.
Abstracts should be submitted, preferably by email, to Tore S. Jorgensen at the International Centre for Hydropower (ICH), Klaebuveien 153, 7465 Trondheim, Norway. Fax: +47 73 59 07 8. E-mail: email@example.com.
External weblinksHydro Sri Lanka