The US Association of State Dam Safety Officials (ASDSO) is taking applications for its latest Dam Safety Scholarship programme.
During the 2007-2008 academic year, up to US$10,000 will be awarded to selected outstanding undergraduates based on the following qualifying criteria:
* US citizenship.
* Full-time enrollment at the senior level during the 2007/2008 school year in an accredited civil engineering programme, or in a related field as determined by ASDSO.
* Demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in hydraulics, hydrology or geotechnical disciplines, or in another discipline related to the design, construction and operation of dams.
* A cumulative grade point average of 2.5 for the first three years of college.
* The recommendation of his or her academic advisor.
* Submission of a typewritten essay on ASDSO and the importance of dam safety.
Applications must be postmarked no later than 30 March 2007, and announcement of successful candidates will be made in June 2007.
The application is available on the ASDSO website (see link below).