The RN x-1004 well flowed at a total of about 1,023 barrels of oil equivalent per day from two intervals tested separately in the Precuyo formation.

The company estimates an oil column thickness of about 197ft from the depths of the zones tested and electric logs information.

Americas Petrogas said the oil is 29.6 degrees API, sweet light crude similar to crude oil produced from the equivalent formation in its Medanito Sur block.

Americas Petrogas, through its Argentina subsidiary, operates the Rinconada Norte block with a 65% working interest, while Gran Tierra Energy holds the remaining 35% interest.