Owner and developer: AES SONEL, Cameroon - Closing date for submissions is May 15th
INTERNATIONAL INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR ENGINEERING, PROCUREMENT AND CONSTRUCTION OF A 225 KV TRANSMISSION LINE BETWEEN BEKOKO AND NKONGSAMBA
OWNER AND DEVELOPER: AES SONEL, CAMEROON
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
AES SONEL is the integrated electric utility in Cameroon of which AES Corporation (www.aes.com) holds 56% shares and the remaining shares are owned by the government of Cameroon. The utility has approximately 930 MW of generating capacity.
AES SONEL is applying for a loan from a group of banks including the European Investment Bank -EIB– towards the cost of its major capital projects. The international invitation relates to the prequalification for the Engineering, Procurement, Construct, Start-up, and Commissioning of the 225 KV Transmission line and substation between BEKOKO and NKONGSAMBA.
The contract will be a turnkey contract for the below described project.
The project will consist of:
• A 225KV line, approximately 113 km long (operated at 90KV), with a single self supporting circuit galvanised lattice tower equipped with 3 aluminium alloy conductors each of 366mm². The transmission line will be fitted with twin overhead earth wires 94 mm²(one of which will be an OPGW containing optic fibre) ,
• A new 90/30KV- 1 transformer 36 MVA sub-station at NJOMBE, a locality situated at approximately 60km from BEKOKO, between BEKOKO and NKONGSAMBA.
• A 90KV bay at BEKOKO, at the outgoing point of the 225KV transmission line (operated at 90KV).
• A 90KV bay at NKONGSAMBA, at the incoming point of the 225KV transmission line (operated at 90KV).
The works are expected to start on September 2006 and, commissioning in December 2007.
All qualified firms will be invited to participate in the bid. The contractor or members of the contracting group collectively, will be required to demonstrate by documentary evidence:
• experience in studies, design, procurement, construction, tests and commissioning of at least five (05) transmission lines equal to or higher than 225 KV, and five (05) HV/LV sub-stations for the last ten (10) years.
• experience of successful erection of transmission lines and towers in foreign countries within the past ten years ;
• experience of successful construction of substation in foreign countries within the past ten years ;
• willingness to offer guarantees for program and agreement to accept liquidated damages for failure to meet the guarantees ;
• accreditation to ISO 9001 or equivalent standards;
• Minimum annual turnover for the last three years not less than Euro 20 million, as demonstrated by annual accounts audited according to IAS, GAPP or other standards that are acceptable to AES Sonel.
Applicants not meeting the above qualification criteria will not be eligible to bid.
PARTICIPATION TO THE PREQUALIFICATION
At the moment, the Request for Proposal (RFP) documents are being finalized and after receiving expression of interest from the interested parties and pre-qualification, suitable candidates will be selected and given access to the RFP documents. To participate to this online pre-qualification process,
1. Direct your internet browser to www.poweradvocate.com/
2. Click on the “REGISTER” button on the right-hand of your screen,
3. Complete the Registration sheet with the requested information (IMPORTANT: PLEASE INDICATE “BEKOKO-NKONGSAMBA TRANSMISSION PROJECT” IN THE REFERRAL FIELD),
4. After registering, AES SONEL will confirm your involvement and you will receive an email informing that your registration is complete and that you have access to the platform.
5. Return to www.poweradvocate.com , logon, and download further information on this pre-qualification.
You are required to respond electronically via the Power Advocate website before May 15th, 2006. This will entail ‘uploading’ any written responses to the RFI or any other company data you wish to provide. Additionally, there are online datasheets you will be required to complete. No hard copy documents will be accepted.
For questions concerning this prequalification process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
For questions concerning the poweradvocate internet platform, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Director of Shared Services