The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Statoil Petroleum a drilling permit for well 6507/3-12 A, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.

Well 6507/3-12 A will be drilled with the Deepsea Bergen drilling facility at position 65°58' 3.93" north and 7°56' 1.64" east.

The drilling program for well 6507/3-12 A relates to the drilling of an appraisal well in production licence 159 B. Statoil Petroleum AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 85 per cent. The other licensee is Dong E&P Norge AS with 15 per cent. The area in this licence is part of block 6507/3. The well will be drilled about 11 kilometres southwest of the Norne field.

Production licence 159 was awarded in licensing round 12 Part B on the Norwegian shelf, and production licence 159 B was carved out on 13 August 2004.

The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing drilling activity.