A call for papers has been issued for the 4th International Conference on Dam Engineering, to be held from 18-20 October 2004 in Nanjing, China.
Organised by the Hohai University in Nanjing and managed by CI-Premier Conference Organisation, the conference will feature keynote papers, special sessions, technical presentations, an exhibition and pre and post conference events.
Authors are invited to submit abstracts of one A4 page covering the following areas in dam engineering:
• State of the art in dam design.
• Modern Analysis theory and methods of dams.
• Arch dams, gravity dams, embankment dams, concrete dams etc.
• Planning, analysis, design and construction of dams.
• Dam reliability and safety assessment.
• Stability of dams.
• Dam foundation and seepage.
• Dam instrumentation and monitoring expert system.
• Seismic and earthquake behaviour of dams.
• Dam maintenance and management systems.
• Rehabilitation of old dams and dam heightening for hydro power augmentation.
• Health inspection of dams.
• Environmental aspects and legal issues.
• Case histories and studies.
The above themes are non-exhaustive. The committee will consider any other theme that would meet the conference title and would be of value the conference.
Abstracts should be sent by 30 August 2003. Successful authors will be notified of acceptance by 30 September 2003.
For further information, contact Er John S Y Tan, conference director, CI-Premier PTE, 150 Orchard Road 07-14, Orchard Plaza, Singapore 238841, Republic of Singapore. Tel: +65 6733 2922. Fax: +65 6235 3530. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.