Well drilling

The Moftinu-1001 well, which is the first of a two well drilling program by the company in the concession, is scheduled to be drilled to a total depth of 1,848m.

Following completion of the drilling program, which is expected to take 18 days, the rig will be transferred to the second location Moftinu-1002bis, which is located immediately after Moftinu-1001.

The drilling program follows completion of the Moftinu-1000 well drilling in 2012, which tested an aggregate of 1.6 MMcf/d from two zones.

Located down dip of both the Moftinu- 1001 and 1002bis wells, the Moftinu-1000 was drilled prior to the acquisition of 3D seismic over the area.

The company is planning to complete drilling and casing of the two wells by mid-December, and testing is scheduled to commence in late January 2015.

Meanwhile, Serinus Energy is also undertaking an additional 180km2 of 3D seismic in the Santau area within Satu Mare, located immediately south of Moftinu.

The Satu Mare exploration block is 60% owned and operated by Winstar Satu Mare, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Serinus while the remaining 40% is owned by a subsidiary of KMG International, a company with a wide variety of interests in the Romanian energy sector.

Image: Serinus Energy begins drilling at the Moftinu-1001 exploration well in the Satu Mare Concession. Photo: courtesy of Serinus Energy.