Petrobras has discovered light oil and gas at 9-SES-188D (Petrobras nomenclature) / 9-BRSA-1280D-SES (ANP nomenclature) well, located at concession area BM-SEAL-11, in block SEAL-M-426, in Sergipe Basin ultra-deep waters.

map

The well, which is located at 107km off Aracaju, at 5.7km off the discovering well and at a water depth of 2,492m, has been drilled to a total depth of 5,900m and it is under evaluation now.

The discovery has been made in Farfan area, showing new light oil accumulation in a deepest reservoir, with 28m thickness and in good permoporosity conditions.

According to Petrobras´ Business and Management Plan for the 2014-2018 period, this accumulation forms part of the Sergipe-Alagoas Basin deep-water exploration project.

Petrobras will continue with the Discovery Evaluation Plan, as approved by Brazil’s Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels Agency (ANP).

Petrobras operates the BM-SEAL-11 concession with 60% stake. IBV-BRASIL, a 50-50 joint venture between India’s Videocon Industries and Bharat Petroleum, holds the remaining 40% stake in the concession.

Image: Petrobras identifies oil in Farfan area in the Sergipe Basin. Photo: courtesy of Petrobras.