Alexander Medvedev, deputy chairman of Gazprom's management committee and Burckhard Bergmann, chairman of the executive board of E.ON Ruhrgas, have inked an agreement on scientific and technological cooperation, staff training and qualification upgrading.
In accordance with the agreement, the parties intend to promote interaction with the view of achieving the following major goals:
– securing natural gas deliveries to consumers;
– achieving a higher quality of gas supplied to consumers;
– introducing innovative equipment and technologies as well as international and regional standards;
– promoting energy conservation;
– reducing environmental risks;
– staff re-training.
To coordinate the implementation of the agreement, the parties set up a coordinating committee comprised of representatives of Gazprom and E.ON Ruhrgas.
Priority gas industry development projects are unperceivable without state-of-the-art technologies and require bringing together the unique sci-tech potential and experience of Russian and foreign companies, maintained Mr Medvedev.
The document signed will give a new strong stimulus for deeper mutually beneficial and long-term cooperation between the two companies, said Mr Bergmann.