Endeavour, operator of the East Rochelle, plans to award contracts and begin the construction of the production facilities immediately.

The field development plan for East Rochelle was approved by the Department of Energy and Climate Change in February 2011.

The plan calls for the subsea development to be linked by a 30km pipeline to production facilities on the Scott platform.

First production from East Rochelle is planned for the second half of 2012.

Endeavour holds a 55.6% working interest in the East Rochelle development and Nexen Petroleum UK holds the remaining 44.4% interest.

Endeavour chairman, CEO and president William Transier said that this off-take solution is expected to incorporate the production at West Rochelle, the second phase of the development of the Greater Rochelle area, which will be on a simultaneous track with East Rochelle.