Beach Energy, the operator of Bauer-to-Lycium line, commissioned the pipeline and its associated facilities on 19 April and begun commercial operations.

The gross capacity of the export pipeline is 10,000 barrel of oil per day (BOPD).

With the commissioning completed, oil produced from the Bauer oil field and the other PEL 91 new oil discoveries are expected to increase to 10,000 BOPD (gross), while Drillsearch’s share of production will rise to 6,000 BOPD.

Drillsearch Energy managing director Brad Lingo said the PEL 91 production resulting from the start-up of the Bauer-to-Lycium Pipeline is an important event in Drillsearch becoming a mid-tier oil producer.

"This will facilitate a significant ramp-up in the company’s daily net production rate to 6,000 bopd – a doubling of our current oil production," Lingo added.

"This positions the Company to deliver strong production growth for the remainder of FY 2013 and into FY 2014 and beyond."

Drillsearch holds 60% interest in the PEL 91 Joint Venture, while Beach Energy with the remaining 40% stake, acts as the operator.