The facilities in Phase II of the Peng Lai (PL) 19-3 oil field development include five wellhead platforms, a central processing facility and a floating production storage offloading facility with a designed processing capacity of 190,000 barrels of oil per day.

Platforms A and C of PL19-3 Phase II, have been put into production, while the other two, D and E, will commence production in succession.

The PL19-3 oil field was jointly developed by the China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) and ConocoPhillips China (COPC). CNOOC holds 51% interest in PL19-3 and the operator, COPC, holds the remaining 49% interest.

Liu Jian, executive vice president of CNOOC, said: We are pleased with the advanced startup of platform B, which again highlights the closeness and the effectiveness of co-operation between CNOOC and ConocoPhillips.