US-based Cameron has secured a contract from Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL), an affiliate of ExxonMobil, to supply subsea production systems for the development of Erha North Phase 2.

The Erha North oil field is located in water depths between 1,000m and 1,200m offshore Nigeria.

Under the contract, Cameron, a provider of flow equipment products, systems and services to oil, gas and process industries, will supply five subsea production trees, three manifolds, two water injection trees, production and topside controls and associated equipment to EEPNL.

Cameron chairman, president and chief executive officer Jack B Moore said the company is working with ExxonMobil for the development of the phase 2 of the oil field.

"This award will enable us to further enhance our in-country capabilities and add to our track record in Nigeria for executing projects, transferring skills to our Nigerian workforce and partnering with local suppliers," Moore added.

ExxonMobil with 56.25% interest in the Ehra North project is the operator, whereas Shell is the partner in the project and holds the remaining 43.75% interest.