Transparency Market Research, New York:
- The global Styrenic Polymers Market for Medical Applications was valued at US$ 3,028.2 Mn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 6% during the forecast period
- Used in a number of surgical instruments, connector tubes, portable medical devices, liquid containers, and bags, styrenic polymers and copolymers are seeing a rapid increase in demand for their superior properties such as high abrasion resistance, and dimensional stability. Besides, these have better processing timelines that other plastics. But, there are also other factors associated with these polymers that are not directly associated with the polymer properties but nonetheless, add to growing popularity. These include low cost and versatility in design.
- Additionally, it is also worth noting than in some countries use of PVC (poly vinyl chloride) is now banned or at least restricted, leading to a higher demand for styrenic polymers
Request for Covid-19 Impact Analysis on Styrenic Polymers Market for Medical Applications: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/Covid19.php
Key Drivers of Global Styrenic Polymers Market for Medical Applications
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is a highly popular thermoplastic that is used in medical applications across the world. Usage of PVC has been a growing concern over the last decade, as it contains phthalates, which is hazardous to the environment. Demand for thermoplastic elastomers has increased in almost every end-use industry (including medical and healthcare) in the quest for environment friendly alternatives for PVC.
- PVC is utilized in the medical and healthcare industries to manufacture devices for the storage of IV fluids, dialysis solutions, blood bags, tubing, and connectors. This is due to PVC’s clarity and its ability to withstand temperatures ranging from as low as -40°C to as high as 120°C. However, the increasing impact of PVC on the environment through release of dioxins is changing its market dynamics.
Download PDF Brochure – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php
- There exists a threat that PVC is likely to contaminate IV fluids and migrate into the human body. Therefore, thermoplastic elastomers, primarily SBCs, are increasingly employed over PVC in medical applications. Thermoplastic elastomers are plasticizer-free materials. These cause no or very less harm to the environment. Various countries have already banned the usage of PVC in medical IV bags/CAPD bags, catheters, and many other medical devices.
View Detailed Table of Contents at https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/report-toc/36584
- Restrictions on PVC in medical applications have benefitted other plastics such as styrenic polymers. A new family of hydrogenated SBCs has found new applications in the medical market. According to the U.S. FDA, thermoplastic elastomers (TPEs) are best suited for applications that require UV stability, and are safe to be utilized in medical devices and equipment.
- Styrene block copolymers are halogen and plasticizer-free materials with superior abrasion resistance. These exhibit good mechanical performance. This shift in trend toward lower reliance on PVC materials is a major factor driving the medical styrenics market.
Advancement in Medical Technology to Boost Opportunities for Global Styrenic Polymers Market for Medical Applications
- Medical technology has also evolved in recent years. This has led to the conceptualization of portable medical devices with complex functionality. The medical device industry invests significantly in new product development to meet the evolving needs of the healthcare market.
- Plastics have become the preferred medical device manufacturing materials. Expansion of the medical devices market is expected to further boost the demand for medical plastics (including styrenic polymers).
High Price of Styrenic Polymers Compared to Other Commodity Thermoplastics to Hamper its Demand in Medical Applications
- Styrenic polymers offer several functional and environmental advantages over other plastic families such as PVC, polypropylene, and polyethylene. However, the higher price of common styrenic polymers (such as polystyrene and ABS) over its competitors restrains the market to some extent.
- Utilization of polyethylene in medical applications is rapidly increasing. Its usage is rising at a more rapid pace, as compared to polystyrene, partly due to its low price.
- The cost for medical grade plastics is considerably higher than general grade plastics. PVC is a highly inexpensive commodity thermoplastic material that is employed in medical device applications.
- ABS was the highest priced plastic among all plastics. ABS is not considered a commodity thermoplastic; however, the high rate of commoditization is undeniable. The average price of ABS is almost three times that of the lowest priced PVC.
- The price sensitive nature of the market, especially in Asia Pacific, is anticipated to hamper the market for styrenic polymers due to its high prices. However, the prices of styrenic polymers are estimated to decline due to the rapid fall in prices of raw materials in recent years. This is projected to boost the demand for styrenic polymers.
Purchase Premium Research Report on Styrenic Polymers Market for Medical Applications @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php
Asia Pacific Dominates Global Styrenic Polymers Market for Medical Applications
- Asia Pacific currently dominates the market for medical styrenics in the world. The styrenic polymers market for medical applications in the region is anticipated to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period.
- China accounted for more than 60% share of the styrenic polymers market for medical application in Asia Pacific in 2018. The trend is projected to continue during the forecast period, as the country is a prominent producer as well as consumer of styrenic polymers.
- China accounts for a majority of production as well as consumption of styrenic polymers in Asia Pacific. Manufacturers in Asia Pacific are primarily focused on offering products at lower rates, as compared to those in other regions.
- The market in Japan and ASEAN is primarily based on exports of styrenic polymers to other Asian countries, mainly China. Demand for styrenic polymers is projected to continue steadily in these countries over the next few years.
- Key manufacturers operating in the Asia Pacific market include Chi Mei Corporation, LG Chem, and TSRC Corporation.
Consolidated Nature of Global Styrenic Polymers Market for Medical Applications
- The vendor landscape of the global styrenic polymers market for medical applications is consolidated, credit the few players considered prominent in the market landscape.
- One of the most significant players in the market landscape include INEOS STYROLUTION Group GmbH. Other prominent names include SABIC, TSRC Corporation, Trinseo LLC, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, Chi Mei Corporation, Kraton Corporation, and LG Chem Ltd.
Browse Latest Reports by TMR: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/latest.htm
Global Styrenic Polymers Market for Medical Applications: Research Scope
Global Styrenic Polymers Market for Medical Applications, by Product
- Polystyrene (PS)
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Styrene Acrylonitrile (SAN)
- Styrene Butadiene Block Copolymers (SBC)
- Styrene Methyl Methacrylate (SMMA)
Global Styrenic Polymers Market for Medical Applications, by Application
- Intra-venous Systems & Fluid Delivery
- Mobile & Digital Health
- Surgical Gloves
- Respiratory & Drug Delivery Devices
Global Styrenic Polymers Market for Medical Applications, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Browse Latest Reports by TMR: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/latest.htm
Explore Transparency Market Research’s award-winning coverage of the global Chemicals and Materials Industry,
Biodegradable Paper & Plastic Market – The biodegradable paper & plastic market can be segmented based on type, application, and end-use industry. In terms of type, the biodegradable paper & plastic market can be classified into polylactic acid (PLA), starch, polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA), polycaprolactone (PCL), polybutylene succinate (PBS), and others. Polylactic acid and polyhydroxyalkanoate are the most widely used types of biodegradable paper and plastic. Based on application, the biodegradable paper & plastic market can be divided into corrugated board, box board, flexible paper, and others. In terms of end-use industry, the biodegradable paper & plastic market can be segregated into personal & home care packaging, food packaging, beverage packaging, pharmaceuticals packaging, and others.
Blockchain In Energy Market – The global blockchain in energy market can be segmented based on type, component, end-user, application, and region. Based on type, the global blockchain in energy market can be classified into private and public. The private segment led the blockchain in energy market in 2017, as the private sector provides more security as compared to the public sector for users of blockchain technology. The blockchain technology in the private sector is completely operated and controlled by a single organization. In this sector, only predetermined users can make and verify transactions. The blockchain technology in the sector runs significantly faster and exhibits greater efficiency.
CIGS (Copper Indium Gallium Selenide) Thin Film Solar Panel Market – The CIGS (Copper Indium Gallium Selenide) thin film solar panel market can be segmented based on thickness, deposition technology, end-use, and region. In terms of thickness, the CIGS (Copper Indium Gallium Selenide) thin film solar panel market can be classified into thickness 1-2 (micro meters) mm, 2-3 mm, and 3-4 mm. Based on deposition technology, the CIGS (Copper Indium Gallium Selenide) thin film solar panel market can be segregated into chemical vapor deposition, electrospray deposition, film, production, and co-evaporation. Chemical vapor deposition (CVD) is executed in a number of ways for deposition of CIGS. The CVD process consists of plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition (PECVD), low pressure metal organic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD), and aerosol assisted MOCVD. CVD has less efficiency and rough film surface.
Cross-linked Polyethylene Pipes Market – The global cross-linked polyethylene pipes market can be segmented based on type, method, application, and region. In terms of type, the global cross-linked polyethylene pipes market can be divided into S3.2, S4, S5, and S6.3. Based on method, the cross-linked polyethylene pipes market can be segregated into Engel or peroxide method (PEX-A), silane method (PEX-B), and e-beam method (PEX-C).The PEX-A segment of the cross-linked polyethylene pipes market is projected to expand at a considerable pace due to rising demand for the pipes owing to superior material properties such as high resistance to crack propagation.
Explore More Upcoming Reports: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/upcoming.htm
About Transparency Market Research
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Mr. Rohit Bhisey
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Press Release Source: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/pressrelease/styrenic-polymers-medical-applications-market.htm