Uracan Resources and UEX have started drilling program on the Black Lake project located in Athabasca Basin, Saskatchewan, Canada.

Covering 1,900m, the drilling program will test geophysical and geochemical targets identified by previous exploration work.

Prospective fault structures are believed to exist on the property and are considered for hosting basement-hosted uranium mineralization.

In 2014, drilling intersected 0.131% U3O8 over 0.5m and 0.124% U3O8 over 1m in drill hole BL-148 within and adjacent to the Eastern Fault Zone.

Other mineralization zones on the property include BL-018, BL-082, BL-110 and BL-140.

Spread over 30,381 hectares, the Black Lake project is 89.99% held by UEX, while AREVA Resources Canada owns the remaining 10.01% interest.

In 2013, Uracan signed a deal with UEX to gain 60% participating interest in the property.