The Utilities Plant project consists of units of electric energy supply, vapor supply, water and industrial effluents treatment and hydrogen supply.

The Comperj is located in the state of Rio de Janeiro and the project also includes the construction of a refinery, first and second generation petrochemical units, and is expected to start up in the first semester of 2013.

In addition to the development of the Utilities Plant project, Comperj Participacoes also executed a bid process for the construction of the coke unit. The winner was the consortium formed by Techint and Andrade Gutierrez and the final amount of the contract was BRL189bn.

Comperj Participacoes will hold 20% of CDPU interest and SMU the other 80%. SMU is a Brazilian company controlled by Sembcorp Utilities (Singapore), through its wholly subsidiary Sembcorp Utilities (BVI); Mitsui & Co (Japan); and Utilitas Participacoes (Brazil).