Innergex Renewable Energy has announced the start of operations at the 44.5MW Rougemont-2 wind farm located in Bourgogne-Franche-Comté, France, from 1 December 2017.
Construction was already under way at the time of the acquisition on May 24, 2017. Innergex has a 69.55% interest in the wind farm and Desjardins Group Pension Plan owns the remaining 30.45%.
“Innergex is pleased to see another project come to fruition, on time and on budget, with this commissioning. We now have 317 MW in operation in France. We will continue to vigorously pursue development and acquisition opportunities and leverage our upcoming acquisition of Alterra Power Corp. to help grow our already impressive portfolio of assets,” said Michel Letellier, President and Chief Executive Officer of Innergex.
Rougemont-2 average annual production is estimated to reach 100,340 MWh, enough to power approximately 21,400 French households. In its first full year of operation, the wind farm is expected to generate revenues and Adjusted EBITDA of approximately €8.4 million (or C$12.4 million) and €6.5 million (or C$9.6 million), respectively.
All the electricity produced by Rougemont-2 is sold to Electricité de France (EDF) under an initial15-year power purchase agreement (PPA) at fixed price of which a portion is adjusted according to inflation indexes.