The Spanish National Committee on Large Dams (SPANCOLD), the Chinese National Committee on Large Dams (CHINCOLD) and the Spanish Institute of Cement and Applications (IECA) have released the first bulletin for the 4th International Symposium on Roller Compacted Concrete Dams, to be held in Madrid, Spain, from 17-19 November 2003.
The themes addressed in this international symposium will include:
• The role of RCC dams in dam engineering.
• Advantages of RCC dams – economics and construction speed. Comparison between alternatives.
• Experiences and technologies in different countries.
• Technological innovations in RCC dam construction.
• Planning and design.
• Construction and quality control. Equipment and programming.
• Performance of RCC dams. Experiences on operation.
• Use of RCC in dam rehabilitation.
A call for papers has been issued. Abstracts of no more than 400 words, in English, should be sent to the Symposium Technical Secretariat (IECA email: firstname.lastname@example.org; fax: +34 91 442 72 94) before 1 March 2003. Authors of accepted papers will be notified no later than 1 April 2003 and asked to send full text before 15 June 2003. Manuscripts should be prepared by authors according to the instructions available at the website of the symposium (click on the web link below).
An exhibition on materials, technology and equipment for RCC dams, as well as on the experiences and work progress in different countries, will be held alongside the symposium. A technical tour is also being organised.
For further information on the event, please click on the web link below.
External weblinks4th International Symposium on Roller Compacted Concrete Dams