The 2004 Canadian Dam Association (CDA) conference has been arranged for the 25–30 September in the capital city of Ottawa.
The event is to include:
• One day Guidelines Working Group meetings open to all CDA members;
• Approval of the Dam Safety Guidelines Principles by the membership at the AGM;
• A technical programme designed to facilitate discussion of the issues to be addressed in the Dam Safety Guidelines – Practice Series;
• A technical session dedicated to reviewing feedback and discussions by each of the Guidelines Working Group Leaders.
The 2004 conference is to cover:
• Public safety assessments for dams abnd hydro power plants;
• Understanding the hydrotechnical aspects of dam safety;
• Mine tailings and dam safety.
Delgates wanting to know about the latest developments in dam safety will be able to attend four technical workshops to be held alongside the conference.
A risk assessment workshop, organised by the CEATI – Dam Safety Interest Group, is also to take place on the two days following the conference.
External weblinksCanadian Dam Association