Baker Hughes and McDermott joint venture (JV) io oil & gas consulting (IO) has secured gas development study contract from Solo Oil in Tanzania.
Under the deal, IO will prepare a gas commercialisation study to support the development of the Ntorya field, which is part of the firm’s Ruvuma PSA acreage in Tanzania and operated by Aminex.
The study has been designed to identify gas monetisation options, including potential early development facilities to transport gas to local market and allow near term revenue generation.
Earlier this year, the Ntorya-2 appraisal has been drilled and tested in March, which demonstrated a stabilized rate of 17 million cubic ft per day (mmscfd).
According to Solo, the well was suspended for future production.
Aminex expects that the Ntorya appraisal area includes gross Pmean GIIP of 466 billion cubic ft.
Gas from longer-term development of the field will be distributed to the Natural Gas Pipeline. Solo and Aminex are planning to implement solutions for early monetisation of Ntorya gas before the full development of the field.
Currently, Aminex is under process to apply a 25-year development licence and is working with the Tanzanian Government to advance gas production.
Solo has 25% stake in the Ruvuma PSA, as well as Ntorya gas-condensate discovery. Aminex, which is operator of the JV, owns the remaining 75% stake.
Solo chairman Neil Ritson said: "We at Solo are pleased that the Ruvuma PSA joint venture has appointed IO, a company with very solid partners in GE and McDermott, to carry out the detailed gas commercialization studies at Ntorya and we look forward to the results in due course."