A project is underway to refurbish the 90-year old Kensico dam in Valhalla, New York.
The New York City Department of Environmental Protection (NYCDEP) is carrying out the US$22M project that involves:
• Cleaning the exterior of the dam’s front wall.
• Reconstructing the terraces on the sides of the dam.
• Reconstructing the spillway bridge.
• Cleaning the lower pavilions and upper colonnades.
• Additional work on the fountain cascades and piping.
• Refurbishment and updating of the dam’s interior.
Work on the dam is expected to be completed by July 2007.