The AICVs work across the entire spectrum from light oil all the way to heavy oil including steam applications.
The AICV® has the feature to distinguish between fluids, based on fluid properties as viscosity and density. The AICV® design is adapted to the conditions and requirements in the relevant field. The AICV® technology is based on the difference in the pressure drop in a laminar flow element (LFE) compared to a turbulent flow element (TFE).
- AICV® is completely self-regulating, and does not require any form of control, electronics or connection to the surface.
- AICV® provides energy companies with significantly more efficient oil production and increased oil recovery.
- AICV® enables opportunities to drill longer wells and achieve maximum reservoir contact and importantly achieve ‘production conformance’ within each well.
- Shut off un-wanted gas and un-wanted water which provides environmental and economical benefits.
- The technology makes it possible to maximize well production far more efficiently than ever before.
- AICV® Ultra Light Oil has been proven for Gas Shut-off within oil viscosities as low as 0.25 cP and for Water Management, the AICV® Ultra Light Oil can dramatically choke the water down to a viscosity of 0.6 cP while also stopping gas production.
- The newly developed and qualified Autonomous Inflow Control Valve (AICV®) can shut off the unwanted fluid completely. Extensively qualification programs with major oil companies have confirmed the functionality and robustness of the AICV® technology.