Transparency Market Research, New York:
- The global synthetic leather marketwas valued at ~US$ 85.5 Bn in 2018. It is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~7% during the forecast period.
- Based on product type, the polyurethane segment held a dominant share of the global synthetic leather market in2018, due to its superior characteristics such as soft texture, abrasion resistance, resemblance to traditional leather products, and ease in cleaning
- In terms of end user, the automobile segment accounted for a major share of the global synthetic leather market in 2018. Demand for synthetic leather is considerably high in automobile industries, as synthetic leather has similar appearance and feel as that of traditional leather.
- The synthetic leather market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a substantial pace during the forecast period, owing to rapid urbanization and industrialization in the region
Request for Covid-19 Impact Analysis on Synthetic Leather Market: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/Covid19.php
Key Drivers of Synthetic Leather Market
- Synthetic leather is more cost-effective as compared to traditional leather, which is boosting the synthetic leather market across the globe. Products manufactured from synthetic leather are usually inexpensive as compared to their traditional counterparts, as they are based on fibers rather than animal hides, which greatly reduces their prices. Various costs are involved in the production of traditional leather. Animals need to be taken care of, in terms of living conditions in order to avoid any damage to their skin. Any such damage can reduce the value of their hides. The animal-rearing activity requires a lot of investment, in terms of time and money, which increases the overall price of traditional leather.
- Currently, very low amount of hide & skin qualify for high quality leather production, which restraints the supply of good quality traditional leather in the market and further escalates the prices of traditional leather. Once an animal is slaughtered, its hide is transported to the tannery. Processing of hides with chemicals involves considerable capital investment. Moreover, proper treatment of the waste generated from the leather industry also incurs high costs.
- The cost of transformation of naturally processed leather into various products contributes to the final selling price of the product. However, synthetic leather does not involve high labor costs or costs related to the maintenance of animals. Synthetic leather also has significantly low preparation costs at various stages of manufacturing, which reduces the final selling price of the finished product in comparison with that of traditional leather. Thus, higher cost-effectiveness of synthetic leather as compared to its traditional counterpart, is expected to drive the demand for synthetic leather during the forecast period.
- Synthetic leather is preferred over traditional leather for use in various applications, due to its resemblance to traditional leather, along with higher water resistance capability and availability over a wide range of colors, as compared to that of traditional leather
- No animals are harmed or killed in the manufacturing of synthetic leather and hence, it is highly popular among animal right activists. Thus, enhanced durability and similar appearance of synthetic leather, as compared to that of traditional leather, are likely to drive the global synthetic leather market during the forecast period.
Download PDF Brochure – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php
Asia Pacific to Lead Synthetic Leather Market
- Asia Pacific led the global synthetic leather market in2018, due to rapid industrialization and the presence of well-established manufacturing units of major players of automotive and footwear industries in Asia Pacific. Consequently, the region is anticipated to witness high demand for synthetic leather during the forecast period.
- India and China are leading economies in Asia Pacific. These countries are expected to offer immense opportunities to the synthetic leather market in the region during the forecast period.
- China accounts for a major share of the total global production of synthetic leather. Countries such as India, Thailand, Indonesia, and South Korea are also prominent production hubs for synthetic leather.
View Detailed Table of Contents at https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/report-toc/22364
Major Developments in Synthetic Leather Market
- In January 2018, Toray Industries, Inc. announced its decision to expand production facilities of its Ultrasuede product. The company declared its plans to install new equipment and upgrade production facilities at its Shiga Plant (Otsu, Shiga Prefecture) and Gifu Plant (Anpachi-gun, Gifu Prefecture) in Japan. Toray Industries, Inc. expects to bring the additional capacity online by the end ofSeptember 2019. The expansion would raise the total annual production capacity of its Ultrasuede product to 10 million square meters per year.
- In December 2017,Mayur Uniquoters Limited announced that it had invested around US$ 19 Mn to set up a new PU artificial leather manufacturing plant/PU coated textile plant in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, India. The plant is expected to have five production lines with total production capacity of around 1 million meters per month. The project is likely to be executed in two phases and completed by 2021.
- In April 2016, the company announced that it had developed a new high-grade traditional leather substitute named Maestley. The product has texture and richness equivalent to traditional leather. It also possesses other superior characteristics as that of traditional leather.
Purchase Premium Research Report on Synthetic Leather Market @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php
- The global synthetic leather market is led by multinational players operating across the globe
- Prominent players operating in the global synthetic leather market are Asahi Kasei Corporation, Kuraray Co., Ltd, Teijin Limited, Nan Ya Plastics Corporation, Toray Industries, Inc., and Mayur Uniquoters Limited
Browse More Press Releases: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/press-releases.htm
Global Synthetic Leather Market: Segmentation
Synthetic Leather Market, by Product Type
- Polyurethane (PU)
- Polyvinylchloride (PVC)
Synthetic Leather Market, by End User
- Performance Footwear
- Fashion Footwear
- Interior décor & Surfacing
- Wall Tiles
- Steering Cover
- Sporting Goods
- Fashion Apparel
- Fashion Accessories
- Performance Apparel
- Luxury Goods
- Hard Luxury
- Soft Luxury
Global Synthetic Leather Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Browse Latest Reports by TMR: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/latest.htm
Explore Transparency Market Research’s award-winning coverage of the global Chemicals and Materials Industry,
Polyvinyl Butyral (PVB) Resins Market – Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of polyvinyl butyral (PVB) resins across the world, followed by Europe and North America. Asia Pacific is expected to lead the global polyvinyl butyral (PVB) resins market in the near future also, due to rise in the demand for polyvinyl butyral (PVB) resins in the building & construction sector in the region. Rise in construction activities in countries such as China, India, Singapore, Thailand, and Malaysia has fueled the demand for polyvinyl butyral (PVB) resins in the region.The polyvinyl butyral (PVB) resins market in Europe is led by Germany, France, and the U.K. The market in the region is primarily driven by increasing demand from architectural and automotive industries in Europe.
Overprint Varnish Market – Technological advancements in overprint varnishes and availability of a wide variety of eco-friendly overprint varnishes in the marketplace are other factors driving the global market for overprint varnishes. Increasing demand for commercial prints that are being used in printing of labels for commercial use in supermarkets, hospitals, and strip malls is projected to drive the global overprint varnish market during the forecast period.
Industrial Cleaners Market – The total worth of the global industrial cleaners market is set to increase in the years to follow. The industrial or manufacturing sector is governed by several policies and standards pertaining to cleanliness, hygiene, and sanitization. The presence of a seamless manufacturing domain that is quick to adopt new technologies meant for cleaning and sanitizing the premises shall aid market growth. Several industrial units have had their licenses revoked on account of their inability to meet proper standards. Furthermore, governments have remained steadfast in ensuring safety of workers inside manufacturing units.
Digital Textile Printing Market – Digital textile printing refers to a specialized form of wide-format, roll-to-roll inkjet printing. Printers that are built solely with the purpose of feeding rolls of fabrics are gradually substituting some traditional flat-screen and rotary printing equipment. These traditional equipments are utilized for the purpose of industrial textile printing. The growth of the global digital textile printing market is likely to be shaped by the flourishing business of the textile industry.
Explore More Upcoming Reports: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/upcoming.htm
About Transparency Market Research
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Mr. Rohit Bhisey
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Press Release Source: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/pressrelease/synthetic-leather-market.htm