D M Meshram, MSEDCL superintending engineer (infrastructure), stated to Times Of India “The agreement with the contractor will now be signed on May 28 and work will begin soon. The contractor has already started survey of areas where he has to lay the underground cables and we have handed over the land for construction of a new substation in MIDC division”.

Mohammed Ahfaz, Mahatransco chief engineer stated that a plan for erecting a second 25 MVA 132/33 kV transformer at Hingna I substation has been submitted at the head office. “Once the proposal is cleared in the board meeting we will float the tenders,” he continued.

The officials of the Congress Nagar division informed that 75 km 33 kV and 35 km 11 kV underground cable is likely to be fixed at the Congress Nagar division. The division presently has 700 distribution transformers, and 377 more would be added to decrease voltage fluctuations. As per the proposal, the Congress Nagar, Sitabuldi and Shankar Nagar substations would be provided with 132 kV links.

Of the total service lines 40% are underground, and MSEDCL plans to make the remaining 60% lines underground in the division. The oil-based current transformers and potential transformers at substations will be substituted with epoxy raisin-based transformers, said the officials.