Endeavour discovers new mineralized zones at Houndé gold mine

The West African gold producer said that the new discoveries have thereby extended the Kari Pump high grade mineralization at the gold mine, located 250km southwest of Ouagadougou. Endeavour Mining said that it had prioritized its exploration efforts on the wider Kari area following the Kari Pump discovery in last November. The Kari area features a large gold-in-soil geochemical anomaly that spans an area of 6km by 2.5km-wide area, said the intermediate gold producer. Located about 7km west of the processing plant, the Kari area is close to an existing haul road that will be utilized to transport ore from Bouéré. Endeavour Mining said that it has drilled an excess of 1,000 holes, comprising 76,000m, in the Kari area since December to extend the mineralized zone to cover a large area. The gold miner said that nearly 25% of the gold-in-soil anomaly is yet to be drilled. Endeavour Mining exploration and growth executive president Patrick Bouisset said: “Following the initial discovery made last year, we have undertaken an extensive drilling campaign on the wider Kari target due to its potential size and higher-grade nature. “With more than half of the planned 141,000-meter drilling program complete, we are extremely pleased with the results as they validate its potential and we are eager to delineate a first maiden resource on the Kari Pump area by year-end.” The Houndé mine saw its first gold pour in October 2017 followed by commercial production in early November 2017. It is owned 90% by Endeavour Mining with the remaining 10% owned by the Burkina Faso government. Endeavour Mining president & CEO Sebastien de Montessus said: “With Houndé ramped-up and the plant performing above nameplate capacity, we are now eager to pursue additional upside from exploration. “These new discoveries provide confidence in achieving our strategic objective of maintaining a steady production profile at an attractive All-in Sustaining Cost over at least 10-years.” Image: Houndé Exploration Targets Map. Photo: courtesy of Endeavour Mining Corporation.

Related Article
Recommended Whitepaper

View More